Jenine Bruce from Lacuna always impresses us with her fabulous interior design skills.
Jenin’s decoration tips
• It’s your home, so express your personality in your interiors. Embrace a little fun and color! It’s easy to paint a bold wall and just as easy to pull it off!
• If something no longer brings you joy, change it or mix it up. In fact, don’t have anything in your house that doesn’t bring you joy.
• Add greenery in textured baskets to bring life and tranquility to a space.
• Textured, bold or classic, wallpaper adds a lot of fun. Really go for it; “Drape” a piece of wallpaper and see how the corners “fade”.
• Add character to a bathroom with an organic style mirror and a shelf below for a diffuser, hand soap and a “green” element. You don’t have to break the bank to add heart to a small space!
• On weekends, go in search of unique furniture that you can renovate and make yourself. It’s a great way to bring personality to your interiors.
• Collect works of art and objects and layer your surfaces; displays can be changed according to the mood.
• If you have the opportunity to open up your living spaces and create a more common space, go for it. You will not regret it ! A South African lifestyle is best suited to an easy flow from kitchen to living room to dining room and outdoors.
Click here for full functionality.
We live in a world where fact and fiction collide
In times of uncertainty, you need trusted journalism. For 14 days free, you can access a world of in-depth analysis, investigative journalism, leading opinion and a range of features. Journalism strengthens democracy. Invest in the future today. Thereafter, you will be charged R75 per month. You can cancel at any time and if you cancel within 14 days you will not be charged.