In case you haven’t heard, San Diego Comic-Con is happening right now and there’s all kinds of exciting news popping up left and right. We checked the wonder Comics “AXE: Judgment Day” panel today for a preview of the upcoming crossover event.
- The panel featured:
- Chief Editor CB Cebulski
- EditorDarren Shan
- Artist Mark Brooks
- Screenwriter David Pepose
- Writer Mark Russell
- The group revealed interior artwork for the upcoming “AXE: Judgment Day #2”
- We also took a look at the covers, of Brooks, from issues three through six.
- It was also announced that three one-shots will arrive for this story in September and October.
- Before that though, the X-Men will face their biggest test yet when “AXE: Death to Mutants” drops in August.
- We also got a glimpse of a list of related issues coming between August and November, including “Blade: Vampire Nation #1″ and “Starfox #1.”
- And finally, “Omega #1” will serve as the epilogue to this epic crossover event.
- However, in true Marvel fashion, that wasn’t the true end of this panel. We also took a look at the covers of “All-Out Avengers #2 and #3”.
About Judgment Day:
- The Marvel Universe must prepare for Judgment Day, an upcoming comic event featuring the Avengers, X-Men and Eternals.
- The epic story arc is written by Kieron Gillen and features the large-scale artwork of Valerio Schiti and color artist Marte Gracia.
- “AXE: Judgment Day” kicks off when the Eternals begin a fierce war with their new immortal rivals, the X-Men. The Ancient Beings will unleash some of the most brutal members of their species, including Uranos The Undying.
- Imprisoned for millions of years, Uranos, Thanos’ great-uncle, will play an instrumental role in the conflict, leading the attack on the new mutant planet of Arakko.
- But that’s not the only threat the X-Men will face. Marvel also revealed The Hexmega-powerful Eternals who have awakened from a millennial slumber to crush mutants.
- The first issue of “AXE: Judgment Day” is available now.
Be sure to follow here for all of our San Diego Comic-Con 2022 coverage throughout the weekend.