Home Decorating Tips: Marble Backsplash Ideas for Every Decorating Taste
Marble can create a multi-sensory experience and provide an upscale look to interiors, as the classic and versatile stone makes a great statement and blends beautifully with different interiors and styles when used in backsplashes. The vertical surface that protects the wall above a counter is called a backsplash.
This material is typically 2 feet tall and, if crafted well, can set the tone for home decor as it occupies a key position in any space. The natural beauty of marble backsplashes gives the kitchen, bathroom, pantry, etc. a timeless appeal.
In an interview with HT Lifestyle, Apoorva Shroff, founder of Lyth Design, said, “When you walk into a well-done kitchen, the first thing that catches your eye is the backsplash. There are plenty of tricks to creatively design this essential aspect of kitchen decor. A simple solution is to fold back the exotic marble top and you automatically have a subtle yet glamorous backsplash. If the tabletop is simple, a colorful handmade tile can also do the trick. If you prefer not to have too many grooves, you can simply inlay a single row of tiles at a higher level to add a touch of flair.
She advised, “To incorporate effective detailing into the backsplash, it’s a good idea to have a multi-functional rod running the length of it. This is useful for holding cooking utensils, ladles and small pans and can also be used as a design element. Whether the application is in a living room counter or bar, the possibilities are endless. There are endless marble textures available these days that can brighten up any piece of plain stone. From leather finishes to carved ornate decors, the market is full of options to suit your tastes.
Sharing a pro tip, Apoorva Shroff recommended, “Coat it annually with a clear sealer for white marble, which can particularly stain easily! A hidden light strip below or above the backsplash adds drama to the backsplash and accentuates it. Overall, the key takeaway is that if you have a nice backsplash, you know you have a nice space.
Claiming that marble offers great variety and versatility, so it can be incorporated into any design scheme, Anika Mittal Dhawan, Director of Mold Design Studio, suggested a few ideas for including a marble backsplash to suit every style. decoration:
1. For the bathroom – Change the mood of your bathroom with intriguing marble textures, hues and varieties – it can be with bold and colorful patterns, geometric, sequences or patterned stripes. Marble with backlit edges softens the mood and makes the backsplash the focal point of your bathroom.
2. For the kitchen and pantry – The design of the kitchen backsplash mainly depends on how it is used. For example, marble in darker hues or with dramatic patterns and veining works well for a kitchen that is used daily. On the other hand, lighter tones like white work well in an open kitchen or pantry as they experience less wear and tear.
In addition, she revealed some ideas to enhance the aesthetics of your interiors with a marble backsplash:
● Pair neutral marble tones in the backsplash with colorful cabinetry to create contrast and a visually pleasing layered effect.
● Use marble tiles in different patterns, textures and sizes to create an eye-catching design and give the aesthetic a unique dimension.
● Combine marble with natural stone to provide an earthy, tactile finish. Alternatively, opt for a matte or unpolished finish for an understated look.
● Marble with metal inlays provides another level of detail to the backsplash and is a practical way to wrap interiors in glamour.