Inner Inspiration | Year of the Tiger: 12 ways to work those stripes at home
Are you feeling decadent? The Year of the Tiger is a great excuse to free yourself from the confines of beige, gray and neutrals and channel some fierce flair to brighten up your living space.
A symbol of power and lordship, tigers love the limelight and will feel right at home when they add a new dimension to a feature wall, leap across your bed with their luxurious stripes, or put a fresh spin on your home. a sofa with their bold orange and black colourway.
Here’s how to take a walk on the wild side and welcome a touch of tiger into your home…
1. Safari rectangular tray by Jonathan Adler, jonathan adler
Posing proudly, whatever you offer on this Safari platter will be all the more enticing with this fabulous feline taking center stage.
2. Velvet Tiger cushions, Graham & Green
With a choice of four vibrant colorways, this series of hand-applied tigers on luxurious velvet will give a solid accent chair or sofa a new lease of life.
3. Ceramic Tiger Head Vase, dunelm
Whether you opt for fresh flowers, dried flowers or a faux fern, this ceramic tiger vase is a vision of beauty.
4. Evans Lichfield Jungle Tiger Piping Cushion, Following
Set against a backdrop of lush forests, these majestic creatures are just begging to be scattered among a rich array of upholstery, in the bedroom or living room.
5. Jungle Tiger Illustrations Art Print (framed), abstract house
If you’re more minimalist than more, contemporary artwork such as this jungle tiger illustration will complement a Scandi-style interior or chic white walls.
6. Caspian Jungle Bedding, Avalane
This striking bedding evokes an exotic wildlife sanctuary, where tigers peer through palm trees. Could this be the closest thing to a nocturnal safari, with the promise of sleeping next to a tiger?
7. Large Diamond Effect Tiger Ornament, Following
Dressed in rhinestones, we have a weakness for Tiana the Tiger, and you can always sublimate her even more with a big cat-shaped rhinestone necklace.
8. The Sofology Offbeat Chesterfield in Offbeat Tiger Print All Over Loveseat, £1899, and storage stool, Sofology
An investment piece for sure, this sumptuous sofa (available in luxurious velvet or cozy chenille) is a statement in its own right, and can be styled up or down, depending on how much you want to show off. your tiger reserve. Depending on your budget, the matching ottoman doubles as a storage solution, for added opulence and a touch of practicality.
9. Laurence Llewelyn-Bowen Tiger Black Tiger Cushion, dunelm
Another throw pillow we’ve been raving about, this one features a metallic foil tiger design for extra glam.
10. Paloma Home Pouncing Tigers Duvet Set, Freemans
Plush and playful, this Pouncing Tigers bedding can be layered with tactile fabrics – consider a burnt orange faux fur throw for that all-important creature comfort.
11. George Pink Tiger dispenser and tumbler set, Direct.asda.com
For a quick fix, the tiger treats in the bathroom could be complemented with sage green and dusty pink towels. But this bold duo next to the sink is sure to brighten up your mornings.
12. Jungle is a massive wallpaper in Jungle Green, lust at home
Feeling fierce? A feature wall with a series of tigers, which appear ready to roar or pounce, provides the perfect backdrop for indoor palms – like a Chinese fan palm with star-shaped leaves.