Interior Architect / Interior Designer – Seattle, WA, US | Works
Design by Veronica Barrow (VBD) is currently looking for candidates for a part-time contract Interior designer / Interior architect position. Candidates must have at least 3 years of professional experience in interior design and/or architecture.
About the role
This is a hands-on role that involves sourcing materials and producing projects through sketching, digital modelling, producing project manuals, sourcing and ordering suppliers and materials, and designing. FF&E facility. The contract interior designer works directly with the owner to develop the design of the interior spaces. This person works both collaboratively and independently to plan, coordinate and document all stages of the project.
Core Roles and Responsibilities
- Work with product representatives, furniture suppliers, art consultants and sourcing agents to achieve overall project goals
- Prepare design presentation files
- Develop design drawings using a wide range of CAD and graphics software
- Manage project budgets, specifications and schedules while working with the owner
- Select FF&E, lighting, material palettes and concept art
- Bachelor’s degree in interior design, interior architecture, architecture or equivalent
- At least 3 years of professional experience in interior design or architecture
- At least 1 year of experience in mid to high-end private residential, or equivalent (hospitality, retail, multi-family)
- A solid understanding of the relationship between design and constructability
- Efficient and effective time management
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and self-manage
- Ability to express design ideas in three dimensions and through design storytelling
- Ability to track multiple materials throughout the project (design, construction, furniture installation, move-in)
- Ability to conceptualize and execute design ideas from design concept to documentation, specification and installation
- Experience with FFE design and deliverables
- Extensive knowledge of material, equipment and product finishes
- Strong graphic presentation skills to communicate design ideas
- Experience with construction administration is preferred
- Experience with FF&E installation is a plus
- Mastery of Revit, AutoCAD, Adobe Suite, MS Office and InDesign software
- Willingness and ability to travel locally for project related responsibilities
VBD is an architecture and interiors studio owned by BIPOC & WOC and based in Seattle, WA. We focus on private and multi-family residential projects, creating rich contextual spaces. The studio is centered on the practice of collaboration and the expression of thought. Visit us at veronicabarrowdesign.com.
Submit your portfolio and resume via our online platform application form.
Back to task list…