Interior Design Associate – Chicago, IL, USA | Jobs
We are looking for an Interior Design Associate to join us, working in all phases of the interiors process. As an integrated company, construction, interiors and analysts are all in-house. From the architectural phase to construction completion, you will produce CAD drawings, perform construction take-offs, manage procurement logistics and procurement of select FF&Es, among other things, for a variety of multi-family and commercial concepts. This position is suitable for someone who thrives in a fast paced multitasking environment. We are atypical because we are our own customers. We are a small group adept at designing a wide variety of spaces that respond to the geographic and lifestyle influences of target markets nationwide. Create intelligent spaces that create immediate links with their users. No day will be the same and you will work on several projects. We value someone with passion, egoless conviction, grace under pressure, and creativity. A conceptual thinker always looking for inspiration.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- A minimum of 2 years of experience as a design assistant or interior designer in the multi-family market.
- Work with the Design Director through all phases of the design process on multiple projects at once, including but not limited to: sourcing new materials, creating automatic CAD versions of identification drawings and shopping selection.
- Act as a bridge between the Construction PMs and the Director by creating design related take-offs, marking pre-construction drawing iterations for review, as well as RFIs and submissions.
- Generate detailed plans, specifications and elevations in Auto CAD needed by construction teams. From bespoke furniture to wall elevations.
- Coordinate and document delivery with warehouses and work with suppliers for replacements when items arrive damaged.
- Take accurate field measurements as needed.
- Order samples for the library.
- Participate in the creation of specification manuals and turnover documents.
- Assist with installations, coordinate deliveries and follow up after installation.
- Maintain up-to-date and organized physical (if required) and electronic files.
- Strong sense of urgency, organization and attention to detail.
- Excellent communication, research and problem solving skills.
Experience with multi-family building types.
Self-motivated and confident problem solver with a positive attitude, taking initiative when needed.
Ability to present and articulate ideas, analyze and solve problems.
Ability to stand for long periods of time, carry, climb, stoop to load/unload various objects when needed.
Proficiency in AutoCAD, Excel, Word, Outlook required. In Design/Photoshop a plus
Car required (travel to job sites throughout the city and pick up required equipment)
Some out-of-state travel is required.
View your application history
Back to task list…