Red Dead Redemption 2 LIT Mod tweaks and improves interior lights
A new Red Dead Redemption 2 mod that was shared online last week brings some welcome improvements to the game’s interior lights.
The mod, called LIT, adjusts light sources and adds or restores interior lights so that all light sources cast shadows, resulting in much nicer looking interiors. The mod also adds missing prop shadows and removes some false lighting without a specific source. The mod, however, has issues such as flickering shadows in some areas, broken textures in some valentine hotel rooms, and more.
- Light sources have been standardized according to the type of lighting (candle, oil, kerosene, electric, etc.)
- All light sources will cast shadows
- Try restoring/adding some of the interior lighting and adding the missing prop shadows
(only Valentine for now)
- Some of the false lighting (no specific light source) has been removed
- Due to replacement bug material reflections (PBR) do not work in modified interiors during the day
- Flickering shadow in some areas due to inner shadow distance limits (already in vanilla), but can be fixed by lowering overall light intensity or exposure (dark night mod)
- Broken textures in some Valentine hotel rooms
- Inability to sit in the barber chair in the Valentine lounge (fixed by removing the backrest from the lounge)
- Potential grizzly bear bug in Van Horn…
Some comparison screenshots showcasing the improvements made by the Red Dead Redemption 2 LIT mod have also been shared, and you can find them below. The mod can be downloaded from Nexus Mods.
Red Dead Redemption 2 is available now on PC, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Stadia. Learn more about one of the best open-world games released in recent times by checking out Alessio’s review:
Red Dead Redemption 2 may not be perfect, but its minor flaws are like tiny blemishes on a stunningly beautiful face. In a way, they only serve as a reminder that this world is not made for perfection. Every aspect of the game will put you in the shoes of an outlaw traveling across America with his gang as they try to evade the law long enough to earn the money needed to disappear forever. It’s an epic, memorable, and engrossing tale that also elevates the open-world genre to new heights with the all-new interaction system, an unforgettable cast of characters, and a ton of high-quality content to play for a long time.
Products mentioned in this article